- -2 ears of fresh corn
- -1/2 stick of butter
- -1 cup of stone ground corn meal (I used medium grind)
- -1 cup of all purpose flour
- -1/4-1/3 cup sugar
- -1 t cumin
- -1 T baking powder
- -1 t salt
- -1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- -3 egg yolks
- -3 egg whites
- -1 cup buttermilk
- -1 can of diced green chilis
- -1 cup of corn from above
- 1/2 cup cheese like colby jack
- Heat a cast iron pan and add butter.
- Slice corn off cob and saute in butter until brown.
- NOTE DO NOT CLEAN PAN
- add 1 T of oil to pan after cooking corn and place in a 400 degree F oven
- Mix dry ingredients
- Add wet ingredients except egg whites and mix
- add cheese and mix
- whip egg whites in glass bowl until stiff.
- fold egg whites into batter (do not over mix)
- add mixture to hot cast iron pan and bake @400 degrees F for 25-30 Minutes.
- Cook, slice and enjoy!
© 2021 Foods with Flavor Recipe- Please Share!