Greek Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce Episode 8
I made this to resemble a Gyro. It can be made with pork or chicken. Hope you enjoy! I If you won’t eat a Gyro because of the lamb then give this a try.
Greek Souvlakiand with Tzatziki Sauce Episode 8
- 1 Package of 2 Pork Tenderloins (Chicken can be substituted
- -1-2 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- -Juice of a 1/2 a lemon
- -1/4 C Olive Oil
- -1/4 C White wine vinegar
- -1 t of fresh thyme
- -1 t of fresh oregano
- -1 t of fresh rosemary
- -salt and pepper to taste
- -2 Cucumbers grated
- 1/2 t salt
- -Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- -2 cloves of garlic
- -17.6 oz of Greek Yogurt
- - 1 t of fresh dill
- -1/4 t of fresh mint
- -ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Package of 2 Pork Tenderloins
- Cube into 1 inch pieces
- Mix and marinate with Pork for at least 24 hours
- Peel and grate cucumbers (remove seeds if needed)
- Add salt to cucumbers and let set for 5-10 minutes
- Remove water from cucumbers
- Add rest of ingredients and mix.
- Chill for at least 4 hours to overnight
- Add pork or chicken to skewer(soak wood skewers in water for 15 min)
- Alternate with quartered onion.
- Grill until done.
- Fresh Naan and Mediterranean bread is best but store bought is okay.
- Add a light coating of olive oil to store bought bread and reheat on grill.
- Add 1 skewer of Souvlaki
- Fresh baby spinach (optional)
- Fresh tomatoes
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Eat and Enjoy!
© 2021 Foods with Flavor Recipe- Please Share!
If you liked this then give this a try. Click on the photo for the link to the page.
Fresh Greek Pasta Salad