I have been making white chicken chili for years. I probably have done tons of variants of this recipe. This is something I make a large pot of and eat it for days, freeze it and it is great for parties. You don’t need the cheese and sour cream but it is an option you could have available. This would be great with hickory smoked chicken or blackened chicken. I have even made a jerked variant.
- 2.5 lbs of boneless chicken breast
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 C chopped onion
- 1/4 C chopped garlic
- 1/4 C ground cumin
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 28 oz petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2-1 C green chili or roasted chili verde salsa
- 48 oz northern or cannellini beans
- 1/2 C chopped roasted red pepper
- 16 oz white corn
- 1/2-1 can of chipotle in adobo (blend) This is your heat!!!
- 1/4 C real maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste !after: soup reduces!
- 8oz sour cream
- 1T chopped cilantro
- 2t sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Flatten chicken to even thickness, and add seasoning salt
- Sear on each side and simmer in 1/2 C stock and 1/2 C water
- Set aside to rest
- Add olive oil to stock pot
- cook onions for 5 minutes
- add garlic and cumin on medium heat
- add rest of ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes
- Use hand blender or leave it chunky
- Add salt and pepper to taste after soup has reduced
- Mix all ingredients and chill for 2 hours
If you like this recipe try this one. Click on the photo for link to the page.