Whiskey, Maple, Pork and Chorizo Chili
How to make this super flavorful Whiskey, Maple, Pork and Chorizo Chili.
My rustic cornbread recipe will go great with this chili. I will leave the link below. This is a no bean meat chili with bold rich flavor. It is not as thick as a traditional chili but you can thicken it up or use corn bread like I did to soak up some of this wonderful liquid.
- 5 chorizo links
- 10 boneless pork chops
- 1 C onions
- 9 oz green chilis
- 1 C ketchup or tomato sauce
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 C Whiskey
- 1/4 C maple syrup (not the cheap kind for pancakes)
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 T onion powder
- 2 t oregano
- 1 T cumin
- 2-3 dried chipotle pepper ground (remove seeds unless you want it hot)
- 2 dried ancho peppers ground up
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 1 T garlic
- 32o beef broth
- 1 C water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grill chorizo and pork on grill and set aside
- sweat onions in 1 T of oil
- add garlic and spices to onions and stir for 30 seconds
- add rest of ingredients
- cut pork and chorizo in bite size pieces
- add meat and reserve liquid to pot and simmer for an hour plus (It depends on how much liquid you want
- Serve and enjoy with cornbread!
I have never had cornbread better than this recipe and it would be great with this chili. Link to Cornbread page.