Obviously, I made this for my daughter via the chicken tenders. This reciped would be the same for breast, thighs, legs and wings. You can fry food in a deep frier or using less oil in a cast iron pan. This is a good starting point for any fried chicken. I am constantly trying different vartions. The important point in the buttermilk marinade for the chicken. Breading options can vary drastically. Give it a try and hope you enjoy.
- 2 T smoked paprika
- 2 t sea salt
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t tumeric
- 1 t thyme
- 1 1/2 t oregano
- 1 T white pepper
- 1 t black pepper
- optional 1-2 t cayenne pepper for heat)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 T of spice blend
- 1 T-1/4 C of hot sauce
- Buttermilk to cover chicken
- 2 1/4 C all purpose flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/4 C self rising stone ground corn flour (crunchier texture)
- 1 T garlic salt
- add rest of spice blend
- Cut boneless chicken into equal size pieces
- add 2 T of spice blend and mix
- add hot sauce
- cover with buttermilk and mix
- refrigerate for 24 hours
- let chicken sit at room temperature for 1 hour
- coat chicken liberally in flour mixture and let sit for 15 minutes
- you can coat in flour a second time if you like but let sit before cooking
- cook chicken at 325-350 degree oil until done ( Golden Brown) (darker brown will be crunchier but don't burn)
- You can make this without the corn flour as well as substitute 1/4 C corn or potato starch for the corn meal. This will give you a crispier crust.
- You can make regular boned fried chicken with this recipe as well.
If you liked this recipe give this one a try. Click on photo for link to the page.