How to make a roasted vegetable couscous, brined pork tenderlion and jalapeno/tomatillo salsa.
Please share with your friends!
Roasted Couscous Pork Tenderlion & Jalapeno/Tomatillo Salsa
- 2C chicken stock
- 2C apple juice
- 1/4 C sugar
- 2T Salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1T whole black pepper corns
- 4-5 Tomatillos
- 1-4 fresh jalapeños
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 C chopped onion
- 1/4 C cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste (I used 1 t)
- 2T water
- 2 C chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 C couscous
- 1 t salt
- 1 t white pepper
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t onion powder
- 2 t cumin
- 2 t smoked paprika
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 peppers (red, green, or orange)
- 1/3-1/2 C chopped green onions
- add all ingredients to pan and warm to help dissolve sugar and salt.
- let cool to room temp.
- marinate pork tenderloin over night
- remove pork to drain and let come to room temp before grilling
- season with salt and pepper
- let rest fro 5-10 minutes after grilling
- roast tomatillos and jalapeños in oven (Broil at 500 degrees)
- remove skin from jalapeños
- blend tomatillos, jalapeños, garlic, water and lime juice
- add onions, salt and cilantro
- chill for at least 2 hours to overnight
- remove husk from corn
- rub with butter, add salt and pepper and wrap in aluminum foil(see video)
- roast peppers and corn on grill
- let pepper sit and remove skin
- cut corn from cob
- Bring chicken stock, spices and garlic to boil
- add couscous and bring back to boil
- cover and turn off heat for 5-10 minutes
- Combine all ingredients
- Serve and enjoy!
Foods with Flavor Recipe- Please Share!
If you like this recipe then give this one a try. Click here for link to the page.