Pasta Fagioli Episode 24
Ok, I made this for my daughter. She loves Pasta Fagioli at Olive Garden. Actually, I think she wants the bread sticks. I personally can’t stand the place. Now I just make the soup at home. The trick with this soup or any soup like this is NEVER add the noodles to the soup stock. The noodles with swell and become soggy and all your stock with be gone. I make the noodles and keep the in the colander. You can even store them in the fridge just don’t add them as needed. I added Kale to this recipe but you could substitute spinach. My daughter thinks they are the fresh spices!
- 2lb ground Beef
- 2T olive oil
- 1 C onion
- 1 T garlic
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- 28 oz of tomatoes diced or crushed
- 1 1/2-2 quart beef stock
- 2 T dried Italian blend
- 1T dried oregano
- 1/2 C diced or grated carrot
- 1/2 C diced or grated celery
- 1-2 T hot sauce I used 1 T Cholula and a 1 t habenero
- 2-3 C chopped Kale(wash first)
- 32 oz cannellini beans
- 16 oz red beans
- 1 C water
- 1/4-1/3 C pecorino romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh or dried pasta I used orecchiette
- Brown beef and drain fat
- add olive oil and saute onions
- add garlic
- add rest of ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Cook pasta and add before serving. I do not add pasta to soup so the noodles will not
- be overcooked.
If you liked this recipe try this one. Click on the photo for the link to the page.