Muffaletta which is a round sandwich. This is my version of the popular Italian sandwich. Don’t feel that you have to follow this recipe exactly. Most people love or hate this sandwich depending on whether they like Greek olives. I made this version without mayonnaise but I added it when I ate the sandwich. You can use plain mayonnaise, mayonnaise mixed with a bit of pesto. Another option if you don’t like mayonnaise is cucumber ranch dressing or tzatziki sauce. The one part I didn’t really go over in the video is that you have to hollow out the top and bottom of the bread or the ingredients will not fit. Give it a try and hope you enjoy.
I would also like to know how you like this new type of video. They do not work for everything I make but it did for this item.
This video is about Muffaletta, the round sandwich. Try this easy sandwich made with Italian bread, deli meat, salami, onions, spinach, tomatoes, feta cheese, basil and spread of your choice.
- Round Italian Bread-I used Pain de Campagne
- mayonnaise or mayonnaise with pesto(cucumber ranch and tzatziki sauce are great alternatives)
- deli meat of choice I used chicken
- salami I used rosette de lyon
- baby spinach
- antipasta or Greek olive mix
- feta cheese or mozzarella
- vine ripe tomatoes
- olive oil
- cut the top of bread and hollow out top and bottom
- you can add mayonnaise now but if you make it ahead of time it could get soggy
- layer ingredients order does not really matter. Feel free to follow what I did in the video
- top with fresh extra virgin olive oil
- cut, serve and enjoy
- You can also add mayonnaise just before eating and have a variety of styles. plain or mayonnaise with a little pesto is great