Mediterranean Chicken Wrap Episode 45
Enjoy this chopped mediterranean chicken with cucumbers, tomatoes, basil, balsamic glaze and feta cheese on naan bread. This is very similar to a chicken gyro or a chicken souvlaki with a few twists. This works great for a party dish because you can keep the chicken in a warm pan without it drying out.
- 3.5 lb chicken breast
- 5 cloves of garlic (you can add less)
- 1/3 C olive oil
- 1 T rosemary
- 1 T Italian herb seasoning
- 1 T thyme
- 1 T marjoram
- 1 t black pepper
- 1/4 C pecorino romano cheese
- 5.3 oz greek yogurt
- 6 oz chopped spinach
- 1 red pepper
- 5 green onions
- 1 C balsamic vinegar
- 1/4-1/3 C brown sugar or honey
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- fresh basil
- feta cheese
- Coarsely grind chicken in food processor
- add herbs, yogurt, garlic and olive oil
- refrigerate over night or for at least 2 hours
- add rest of ingredients to chicken and let come to room temp
- I used a 9X5 loaf pan
- bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 15 min. I covered the pan for the first half in the oven.
- let rest for 10 min.
- remove chicken and juices from pan and coarsely chopped.
- add both ingredients and simmer of med/low heat
- Let reduce by half and glaze should coat spoon
- remove seeds from cucumbers
- chop and combine ingredients
- salt to taste
- I used naan but you can use a wrap or mediterranean bread
- add chicken, salad, glaze and top with feta cheese
If you liked this recipe then give this a try. Click here for the link to the page.