Italian Sausage Soup Episode 13
Most people look at me odd for this one but they love Pasta Fagioli. My wife who is sort of picky didn’t want to eat this but downed a second bowl. If you don’t want this much sausage or hot sausage all you have to do is alter that part of the recipe. This is great served with fresh bread or garlic bread.
- -4 hot Italian sausage links
- -1/2 C of chopped onions
- -2 cloves of garlic
- -16oz of petite diced tomatoes
- -16oz of cannellini beans
- -1 C of peas
- -1/3 C of chopped fresh basil
- -2 T of chopped fresh oregano
- -hot pepper sauce to taste
- -16 oz of vegetable stock
- -1/4 C of pecorino romano cheese
- -Cooked small pasta noodles (as much as you want)
- -pepper to taste
- add sausage to hot oil, saute and chop.
- add onions and garlic cook until sausage is done.
- add rest of ingredients except noodles and simmer on med/low heat for 10 minutes.
- add noodles and serve.
- Note if you refrigerate soup, noodles will absorb liquid.
If you liked this recipe you might like this one. Click on photo for link to the page.