So my sister made a normal version of this Christmas morning. I loved it so much I decided to make Foods with Flavor version. This is a super simple to make casserole that is great for large groups or company. I think it would be great served with sour cream, chive sour cream, or chive and cilantro sour cream. Feel free to share links or pages with your friends. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 package of fresh chorizo sausage
- 2 russet potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 8 oz of cheese (your choice) I used a colby/jack
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C half and half (just milk would be fine)
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 t salt
- 1 t cumin
- 1/2 t smoked paprika
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 1/2 white pepper
- Cook in pan and chop with spatula. You want a fine ground!
- add garlic as chorizo is finished and turn off heat.
- set aside in mixing bowl.
- Grate potatoes and wash in cold water until starch is removed.
- Blanch potatoes. You don't need ice water just cold water is fine.
- Dry potatoes in a towel.
- Mix all ingredients except potatoes and cheese.
- Once incorporated add rest of ingredients.
- Put in greased 9X9 or 9 inch round baking dish.
- Cook uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Let rest serve and enjoy!
- Dish can be served with sour cream, sour cream and chives, sour cream and cilantro or sour cream, chives and cilantro.
If you liked that recipe you might try this. Click on photo for link to the page.