Chipotle Chicken Curry
Well my plans was to make my friends dad’s version of Burmese curry and someone I got this. I love to experiment and halfway through the cooking I changed what I was going to make. The Burmese Curry is really hot and most would not like it. Especially, Americans because it is make the chicken with bones. Give this a try and let me know what you think.
- -2 t Tumeric
- -1 t Madras Curry
- -1 t sea salt
- -3-7 hot chilis
- -1/4 onion
- -1-2 fresh garlic
- 1 t cumin
- -1 T mirin
- -4 large sweet onions
- -1/4 C oil
- -2-3 fresh garlic
- -4 dries choptle peppers (Leave seeds in for heat)
- -1 ancho pepper
- -2 t madras curry powder
- 2 t red curry powder
- -1 t coriander
- -1 t garam masala
- -1/2 t lemongrass powder
- 4 C low sodium chicken stock
- -Chopped Kale(optional)
- -1 can of coconut milk(optional)
- -28oz petite canned tomatoes
- -2 t fresh thyme
- Blend together and add to 3 lbs of chicken. I used chicken thighs but you can use a whole chicken or whatever makes you happy!
- Marinate overnight.
- Sear chicken in oil until skin is brown
- Sear other side for 1 minute.
- Remove and set aside. It is not important to fully cook chicken in this process.
- Cook chopped onions in oil for 30 min on medium heat.
- Add spices and mix for 1 minutes. Add rest of ingredients plus chicken and simmer for at least an hour.
- If you want a sweeter flavor add coconut milk after simmering for 1 hour.
- Salt and pepper to taste Enjoy!
If you liked this then give this a try. Click on the photo for the link to the page.
Chicken tikka masala