The Best Chicken Wings Episode 39
How to make the world’s best chicken wings. I love this fried then baked recipe. I have tried baked then fried but I like this way better. The secret to these moist and tender wings is the brine. If you have not used a brine for food you are missing out. I will also add an Asian inspired sauce. Yes, this is sort of a high maintenance recipe but the flavor of the meat is worth it. If you plan on making a dry wing I would all the seasoning of your choice right after deep frying.
- 12 whole wings
- 2 C chicken stock
- 1 C apple juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 T whole black pepper corns
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- 1/4 C sea salt
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/4 onion
- 1 T garlic salt
- 1/4 C chopped onion
- 1 chopped garlic clove (large)
- 1-2 t red pepper
- 2 t sesame oil
- 1/4 C light soy sauce
- 1/4 C ketchup
- 1T Mirin (rice wine vinegar)
- 1-1 1/2 t pure maple syrup
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/4 t white pepper
- Chop wings in half to separate wing and drum if needed
- Combine all ingredients for brine and heat on med/low heat to dissolve sugar and salt
- Let brine cool and immerse wings in brine overnight.
- remove wings from brine to drain and come to room temperature
- dry wings with towel and deep fry at 350 degrees for 8 minutes
- place wings in raised rack and bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees
- let wings rest for 10 minutes before serving
- saute onion for a few minutes in a Tablespoon of oil on med heat
- add garlic and red pepper and saute for 1 minute
- add rest of ingredients and simmer for 3 minutes on med/low heat.
- cover and set aside
- add wings to bowl and toss in sauce above or your favorite sauce.
If you liked this recipe then give this one a try. Click on photo for the link to the page.