Chicken Tikka Masala Episode 31
If you have never had this British and yes I said British or Indian dish give it a try. How anyone got some many ingredients to work so well together is amazing. I would marinate the meat overnight. You could add any type of vegetable to this dish. Some you might want to make separate and add after cooking the dish. That way they will not become soggy. Anyway give it a try. If you don’t have some of the odd ingredients I suggest an international store. They might be crazy expensive in a regular grocery store.
- 1 1/2 lbs of cubed chicken thighs or breast
- 1 C Indian Yogurt ( can use Greek yogurt)
- 3 gloves of garlic chopped
- 2 t ginger
- 1 1/2 t ground cumin
- 1 t coriander
- 1/2 t cardamom
- 1/4 kashmiri mirch (or cayenne pepper)
- 1/2 t garam masala
- 1 t Turmeric
- 3/4 C finely chopped onion
- 3 green cardamom seeds
- 1 t garam masala
- 1/2 t cumin seeds
- 1/8 t cinnamon
- 1 t coriander
- 1 1/2 t kashmiri mirch (or cayenne pepper)
- 1/2 t fenugreek
- 1 t turmeric
- 1 T chopped cashews
- 1/4 C cream
- 1/3 C water
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 t fresh ginger
- 1 red pepper coarsely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper coarsely chopped
- 3/4 C onion coarsely chopped
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate over night.
- Cook Basmati Rice
- Cook marinated chicken on pan 400 degrees for 20 minutes
- Add 1/4 C oil or ghee to pan
- add finely chopped onions, garam masala, cumin seed and green cardamom seeds
- cook for 10-15 minutes on med heat
- add rest of spices, garlic, ginger, cashews and tablespoon of water and mix.
- add tomatoes stir and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes
- add coarse chopper peppers, onion and cooked chicken.
- simmer for 10-15 minutes until sauce is thick.
- Serve with basmati rice or naan
If you like this recipe give this a try. Click on the photo for the link to the page.