Chicago Style hotdog
How to make my version of the Chicago Style hot dog. I am always amused because outside of Chicago this is a premium item. In Chicago this is basically cheap street food. It is usually served wrapped in fries. I paid $1.05 plus tax in the late 80’s-early 90’s for this and fries.
- hot dog
- sliced tomatoes
- dill pickle
- chopped onions
- hot dog bun
- Cook your favorite hot dog any way you like.
- Put hot dog in bun of your choice
- Add sliced tomatoes on one side.
- Add dill pickle on the other side.
- Add chopped onions in the center.
- Add Hot or Mild Giardiniera
- Top with mustard.
- Serve with fries!
If you liked this recipe give this a try. Click on the photo for the link to the page.