Hey the mall food court is not the only one that can make Bourbon Chicken. I even added a few vegetables to make it more colorful🙂 It took me a few trys to nail this down. I tried to make it years ago and it was horrible. You can control the heat by adding more or less of the peppers. Same thing with the sweetness. I use Basmati rice in most of my Chinese recipes because it is so much better. Let me know what you think and if you have a suggestion for a recipe please leave a comment or a message. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2-2lb of chicken(thighs or breast) cubed
- 1t sesame oil
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 t mirin
- 2 T bourbon
- 1 T red pepper
- 1/4 C apple juice
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 1 T cider vinegar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C ketchup
- Mix everything together and refrigerate 6 hours to overnight
- Stir-fry in hot oil until done and set aside
- add red pepper to pan and heat for 1 minute
- add rest of ingredients and simmer until thick (10-15 minutes)
- add broccoli if you like it and then the chicken
- serve with rice and enjoy!
If you liked that recipe give this on a try. Click on photo for link to the page.